Procurement and Supply Policy
In support of our company values we share a responsibility to ensure that we operate ethically, valuing the diversity of our suppliers whilst acknowledging International Human Rights, local laws and customs.
We recognise that dealing with different suppliers around the world is a complex business but our guiding principles are to purchase goods and services that:
- Do not jeopardise people’s safety
- Suppliers comply in every respect to legislation regarding their impact on the environment
- Goods are produced and delivered under conditions that do not involve intimidation, abuse or exploitation of others
- Represent fair value for price, quality and volume offered
- Meet legal, industrial and Hosiden Besson’s quality and safety standards
We work in partnership with our suppliers to ensure that such considerations are made and will seek alternate sources where the conduct of suppliers demonstrably violates Human Rights, International or local laws.
The implementation of this policy is a shared responsibility between Hosiden Besson and its suppliers and will be a risk-based approach. In line with our guiding principles of supply, our aspirations are to ensure:
- Companies comply with all national and other applicable laws and regulations in relation to Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation Conventions.
- Working conditions are safe and healthy.
- Child labour is not used.
- Wages shall meet, at a minimum, the national standards.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
CONFLICT MINERAL STATEMENT
At Hosiden Besson we do not use “conflict minerals” in any of our processes and do everything we reasonably can to ensure that our business activities do not contribute to the conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or surrounding countries. We also encourage our entire supply chain to commit to the same level of responsible sourcing of materials.
UK manufacturer Hosiden Besson has invested in an automated coordinate measuring machine for incredibly efficient measurements of objects.
Hosiden Besson has shown its commitment to producing high quality safety products with its recent membership of the British Industry Safety Federation (BSIF).
According to the UK Government’s Health and Safety Executive (HSE), industrial hearing loss accounts for nearly 75% of all occupational disease civil claims